About Paul Ratté, ND
Paul is a naturopathic doctor and an assistant professor of clinical nutrition at Northwestern Health Sciences University. He graduated from the National University of Natural Medicine in 1997.
With one foot in the clinic and one foot in the research, Paul offers his patients and students a balance between the art and science of medicine. With humility and curiosity, he takes a detective approach in the clinic with often complex patients.
He takes a functional medicine approach that addresses the cause rather than the symptoms of disease. Paul works with patients to overcome obstacles and redirect their story toward health. His specialties include carbohydrate tolerance, digestive function, and enterohepatic recirculation (a fancy word for liver detoxification).
His professional interests include clinically-relevant biochemistry, anthroposophical medicine, critical thinking, and the challenges of nutritional epidemiology.
Great Health is a Choice
Driftless Naturopathic Medicine
It can help with
Digestive dysfunction is often the first sign of disease. Known as the second brain, it actively transforms food into usable energy while our microbiome manages our immune system. Learn to identify digestive burdens and engage digestive function.
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO)
The liver is perhaps the most underappreciated organ in the body as it is always silently working to maintain balance. The standard American diet (SAD) wreaks havoc on liver function. Learn to identify toxins and nourish liver function.
Heavy metal toxicity
The source of energy is what you eat. Fatigue is often the result of poor macronutrient balancing. Demonizing carbohydrates or fats is too simplistic. The real culprits in the standard American diet (SAD) are the ubiquitous (and often hidden) ultra-processed foods. Learn to develop a long-term energy plan that involves rationing, balance, and taste.
Stress is the ultimate scapegoat. Yet, stress is how we respond and engage in life. Adrenal fatigue is a popular term that does not fully address the cause which resides in the heart. Learn to develop physiological resilience and create metabolic reserve.
Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) dysfunction
Blood sugar regulation
Heart rate variability
"With my endocrinologist's okay and Dr. Ratte's program, I've completely reversed my Type 2 Diabetes in 6 weeks! I was on 2 oral meds and insulin, and now I take nothing at all for the diabetes! My mind is sharper, my sleep is better, my knees are not so painful....this is a true learning experience about what my BODY needs, not what my psyche craves. I'm LOVING the results!!!"
Obstacles to Cure Lecture Series
- Mon, Mar 27Tailor Made Nutrition, Woodbury MNNot all toxins come from the outside world.
- Multiple DatesSat, Apr 08The Commons, Viroqua WINot all toxins come from the outside world.
- Multiple DatesSat, May 13The Commons, Viroqua WILearn to eat proactively.
- Multiple DatesSat, Jun 10The Commons, Viroqua WIIdentifying and avoiding empty calories
- Multiple DatesSat, Jul 08The Commons, Viroqua WIIs inflammation the cause or the effect?
- Multiple DatesSat, Aug 12The Commons, Viroqua WIWake up your digestive fire.
- Multiple DatesSat, Sep 09The Commons, Viroqua WIThe limits of nutritional research.
- Multiple DatesSat, Oct 14The Commons, Viroqua WIModeration is a fatal thing.....
- Multiple DatesSat, Nov 11The Commons, Viroqua WIBuild your immunity to stress.
- Multiple DatesSat, Dec 09The Commons, Viroqua WILack of flow, movement, and transformation is a cause of disease.
Driftless Naturopathic Medicine
114B West Court Street
Viroqua, WI 54665
8160 Coller Way, Suite A
Woodbury, MN 55421